Student Employment at RU-N IT
Rutgers University Newark Office of Information Technology conducts their major hiring for student workers during the Spring of each year. The hours are flexible and students will have the opportunity to gain valuable real-world working experience in a thriving environment. Students of every major are encouraged to apply. RU-N IT hires students taking 6 credits or more.
Applying is easy!
Fill out the application electronically, and attach your documents/resume. Due to time constraints, not all applicants will be interviewed.
We are searching for people with well-rounded computer experience, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude. Other characteristics we look for are ambition, enthusiasm, initiative, and professionalism. More specific skills required of applicants depend on the type of position they are applying for and are stated on the individual job descriptions below.
Jobs We Hire For:
RU-N IT Consultant – Apply Here
RU-N IT consultants work at the Service Center or in any of the varied computing labs in which RU-N IT operates on the Newark Campus. Consultants are the first line of assistance when someone needs assistance.
- Provide quality customer support to all users on campus, over the phone, email, face-to-face, and chat.
- Able to communicate effectively with coworkers, supervisors, and clients
- Punctual and reliable in attendance, including mandatory meetings
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Communicate technical information to non-technical customers, verbally and in writing
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for a wide range of computing and user support issues, both for campus- and customer-owned systems
- Troubleshoot network issues, and repair jacks and faceplates
- Ensure that university, campus, and lab rules are followed
- Escalate unusual occurrences to supervisor/s
- Ensure equipment and software is operational
- Record usage statistics
- Maintain work location in a neat, clean, and orderly manner
- Create, update and maintain documentation (handouts & web site)
- Log all phone calls, email, and drop-by issues, and chat transcripts into the tracking software
- Perform other duties as assigned