Student Technology Loan Program
Apply for Student Technology Loan Program
If you are an undergraduate or graduate student in need of hardware or internet access:
- Complete this application to be considered for a loaner laptop, internet account, or other computing peripherals (e.g., webcam, headphones).
- We will review your application and determine eligibility based on a combination of factors that include financial need, your enrollment status, and the previous support received.
- The equipment will be loaned to students for the current academic year.
- Please review the STLP FAQ for frequently asked questions about the program.
- The Application is available at STLP Application
Free / Low-Cost Technology Resources
- Consider taking advantage of student discounts at the Kite and Key Technology Store. Ensure any device purchased meets the recommended standards for remote learning.
- Access free software (rutgers.edu), such as Microsoft Office, Box.com, and anti-virus protection.
- If you are without reliable home internet, explore these off-campus internet access resources.
Technology Training and Help
- All students, faculty, and staff at Rutgers University have free access to LinkedIn Learning, an online library of on-demand, expert-led instructional videos on a variety of technology and business-related topics.
- The RU-N Technology LaunchPad and RU-NIT websites are full of information to assist you with your technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to check your status?
- You’ll receive an email confirmation from the Help Desk once your application is received and again when it has been processed. To check on your status, please call 973-353-5083.
What are the specs?
- As a baseline, your device will include Windows 10, 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8665U with vPro™, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD.
Questions about this program should be sent to (firstname.lastname@example.org).